NOTICE TO MEMBERS ON THE NOMINATION PROCESS FOR ELECTION TO THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
10 September 2017
The Executive Board of the TPTC has appointed a Nominating Committee to seek suitable candidates for each Executive Board position and to present the list of candidates to the Annual General Meeting to be held on Sunday October 1 at 1:00 pm at the TPTC Clubhouse.
The Nominating Committee shall also publicize the nomination process to the general membership, inviting candidates to stand for election. Members are encouraged to review the eligibility requirements and the election process. Interested individuals should contact members of the Nominating Committee as follows:
Robert Laham: email@example.com
Hubert Lum: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Lawrence: email@example.com
The Nominating Committee will maintain a list of candidates and hereby posts the list of candidates as at the date of this Notice.
Nominations may also be made from the floor at the Annual General Meeting as described below.
Election of the Executive Board
1. The election shall take place each year at the Annual General Meeting.
2. The election shall be conducted by the President.
3. Only Senior members in good standing may be candidates for election.
4. All candidates for election must first have agreed to allow their names to stand for election.
5. Only Senior members in good standing and present at the Annual General Meeting are eligible to vote. The President will not cast a vote except where a deciding vote is needed to break a tie.
6. Proxy votes shall not be permitted.
7. Voting is conducted by a show of hands unless there is a request from any Senior member present at the Annual General Meeting for a confidential paper ballot.
8. Nominations will be closed only after Senior members present at the Annual General Meeting have had an opportunity to nominate candidates from the floor, and those members nominated from the floor are present and accept their nomination. Notwithstanding the above, candidates nominated before the Annual General Meeting who have accepted their nominations do not have to be present at the Annual General Meeting to stand for election.
9. The candidate for any position receiving the highest number of votes from eligible voting members present shall be declared elected. In the case of a tie then the President will cast the deciding vote.
Eligibility for the Executive Board
All Senior members in good standing are eligible except for the following:
No member of the Executive Board may be related personally or professionally, directly or indirectly in any way to TPTC’s tennis professional or his/her staff, currently or at any time in the previous three years.
No member of the Executive Board may have a beneficial commercial or financial interest in the activities of TPTC.
No employee or contractor of TPTC may serve on the Executive Board.
The President, Vice-President, and Treasurer may not be related personally or professionally.
Nominated Candidates (at September 10, subject to revision and addition)
JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
MEMBER AT LARGE
The Nominating Committee